Replace rubber rings in gate valveMay 15th 2018 I Written by CHRISTIAAN TAK FROM IHC I READING TIME 2 MINUTES
In this video we demonstrate how to replace the rubber rings in the gate valve.
Your situation may differ from the featured demonstration. If you encounter difficulties removing the rubber rings or have any other questions, please contact our partner IHC for 24/7 assistance.
Before you begin
- Make sure that no water can enter the pipeline during work on the valve.
- Move the gate to the fully-open position and lock the hydraulic cylinder.
- Remove the dredging pipeline to reach the flange of the valve body.
How to replace a rubber ring in the gate valve1. Now unscrew the hexagon socket head screws from the flange
2. Once all screws have been pulled out, you are ready to remove the flange with a heavy lifting tool
3. If there’s a gasket, remove that as well
4. Next, remove the worn-out rubber rings
5. Now you can place back the new rubber rings and the flange. Both with the heavy lifting tool
6. Finally refasten the screws
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions relating to the video above or rubber rings and gate valves in general.
Product manager dredge line components